I find this week so important that I was tempted to do storage and closets on week 1. If your “hidden places” are organized, the rest of the house follows suit. This makes sense, because ultimately if these areas are decluttered and organized, it usually means everything in your house has a place it belongs.
If everything has a place, it is so easy to tidy up your house quickly. When it takes you a long time to clean, you either have too much stuff or your stuff doesn’t have a designated place. Decluttering your storage and closets lays the foundation for having your entire house organized.
Take this week seriously and get your storage under control! The effect will trickle over the entire household.
- If you have not already done the Recommended Reading – do that now. The articles linked in that post help you keep a mindset prepared to let go of clutter.
- It is not required, but I’ve designed the Declutter Printable Pack to be a fantastic supplemental resource and help you finish this challenge successfully. To make it more valuable, I add details not found on the blog. Thank you to all those who have already purchased their copy!
- Just Joining Us? It may be tempting to start from the beginning, but I think you should start on the current week with the group. Make sure you take the time to do some of the required reading. I also suggest buying the declutter challenge printable because not only will it help you during the challenge, you’ll be able to circle back at the end to the weeks you missed.
Now on to your assignment for the week …
Week #11 – Storage & Closets
Here are the areas to declutter each day to complete storage and closets. Do your best to match closets and storage to the following list, but adapt as necessary.
Monday – coat closet
Tuesday – linen closet
Wednesday – mud area
Thursday – closet under stairs
Friday – holiday decorations
Saturday – attic or other storage
Sunday – rest- congratulations on all your work!
More Inspiration for Storage & Closets
Previous Declutter Posts
- The 91 Day Declutter Challenge (how the challenge works)
- Required Reading
- Week 1 – Master Closet & Bath
- Week 2 – Master Bedroom
- Week 3 – Kitchen & Pantry
- Week 4 – Laundry Room
- Week 5 – Office
- Week 6 – Craft Room
- Week 7 – Bathrooms
- Week 8 – Bedroom #2
- Week 9 – Bedroom #3+
- Week 10 – Play/ Family Room
Have a great week of decluttering!!
pin this post
Don't forget your Declutter Printable Pack - it's more than just checklists!