Dining Rooms often become multi-purpose rooms where the tables are used for projects, paying bills, kids homework stations, playing games, and a million more things.
My guess is that this week will be a lot of relocating things to the rooms they belong, rooms you’ve already decluttered. Make sure that this week you aren’t just shifting around the junk to a space you’ve already cleaned out. Make the tough decisions to find a place for this stuff to go or get rid of it.
If there isn’t a place in your home for something, it doesn’t belong in your home. Your rooms are not storage units, the dining room should be a functional space! And the same goes for your entry areas. Things may be piled up there that need to get put away. Do the hard work this week and give yourself a fresh start!
If you’ve done this challenge before, I bet this week will be SO MUCH EASIER than last time. So let that inspire you … if you get through this year, you can keep these spaces decluttered.
- If you have not already done the Recommended Reading – do that now. The articles linked in that post help you keep a mindset prepared to let go of clutter.
- It is not required, but I’ve designed the Declutter Printable Pack to be a fantastic supplemental resource and help you finish this challenge successfully. To make it more valuable, I add details not found on the blog. Thank you to all those who have already purchased their copy!
- Just Joining Us? It may be tempting to start from the beginning, but I think you should start on the current week with the group. Make sure you take the time to do some of the required reading. I also suggest buying the declutter challenge printable because not only will it help you during the challenge, you’ll be able to circle back at the end to the weeks you missed.
Now on to your assignment for the week …
Week #12 – Dining Room & Entries
Here are the areas to declutter each day to complete the dining room and entries. If you do not have a specific dining room, declutter the area around your table. Same for entries, if you do not have a foyer by your front door or mud area by your back door, simply focus on the areas surrounding any doors in and out of your home.
Monday – hutch or china cabinet
Tuesday – table and counters
Wednesday – musical instruments and accessories
Thursday – remaining furniture and floors
Friday – Entry: front door area
Saturday –Entry: back door area
Sunday – rest for the week ahead
More Inspiration for the Dining Room and Entries
Previous Declutter Posts
- The 91 Day Declutter Challenge (how the challenge works)
- Required Reading
- Week 1 – Master Closet & Bath
- Week 2 – Master Bedroom
- Week 3 – Kitchen & Pantry
- Week 4 – Laundry Room
- Week 5 – Office
- Week 6 – Craft Room
- Week 7 – Bathrooms
- Week 8 – Bedroom #2
- Week 9 – Bedroom #3+
- Week 10 – Play/ Family Room
- Week 11 – Storage & Closets
Have a great week of decluttering!!
pin this post
Don't forget your Declutter Printable Pack - it's more than just checklists!