Disclosure: Any post may contain links to my shop or affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission from any purchase you make. All opinions about products I use are my own. Read the full disclosure HERE.
The idea of decluttering the office may sound intimidating. Go into this week repeating to yourself “progress not perfection.”
And I think this is also a good time for a reminder – this challenge is about DECLUTTERING, not ORGANIZING. You’ll get there, but it won’t all happen in a week. It is a process. Focus on the assigned steps and you will make progress.
Remember that decluttering is the most important step of organizing! Focus on getting rid of the extra papers and extra stuff, the rest organization will come after.
- If you have not already done the Recommended Reading – do that now. The articles linked in that post help you keep a mindset prepared to let go of clutter.
- It is not required, but I’ve designed the Declutter Printable Pack to be a fantastic supplemental resource and help you finish this challenge successfully. To make it more valuable, I add details not found on the blog. Thank you to all those who have already purchased their copy!
- Just Joining Us? It may be tempting to start from the beginning, but I think you should start on the current week with the group. Make sure you take the time to do some of the required reading. I also suggest buying the declutter challenge printable because not only will it help you during the challenge, you’ll be able to circle back at the end to the weeks you missed.
Now on to your assignment for the week …
Week #5 – Office
Here are the areas to declutter each day to complete the office. If you do not have a specific office, this week focus on decluttering any office areas you have – like where you keep your computer, files, mail, etc.
Monday – tops of furniture
Tuesday – shelves
Wednesday – drawers
Thursday – printer and office supplies
Friday – files
Saturday – any remaining area and floor
Sunday – rest for the week ahead
More Inspiration for Office
Previous Declutter Posts
- The 91 Day Declutter Challenge (how the challenge works)
- Required Reading
- Week 1 – Master Closet & Bath
- Week 2 – Master Bedroom
- Week 3 – Kitchen & Pantry
- Week 4 – Laundry Room
Have a great week of decluttering!!
pin this post
Don't forget your Declutter Printable Pack - it's more than just checklists!