Personally, I’ve been waiting for this week. My son is 7 and is finally starting to understand a little more about decluttering! I still have my work cut out for me, because he is definitely still in training. I know from experience that kids do so much better in their room without all the clutter.
When their rooms are decluttered, it is so much easier for them to keep it clean on their own. They may not agree about the idea of decluttering right away, but when they are enjoying more space to play and can keep their room clean, they will be so glad.
And this goes for kids of all ages. Pick the hardest bedroom to do this week, because next week you’ll end up doing more than one room if you have more than 3 bedrooms. You’ll be glad you got the toughest out of the way this week.
- If you have not already done the Recommended Reading – do that now. The articles linked in that post help you keep a mindset prepared to let go of clutter.
- It is not required, but I’ve designed the Declutter Printable Pack to be a fantastic supplemental resource and help you finish this challenge successfully. To make it more valuable, I add details not found on the blog. Thank you to all those who have already purchased their copy!
- Just Joining Us? It may be tempting to start from the beginning, but I think you should start on the current week with the group. Make sure you take the time to do some of the required reading. I also suggest buying the declutter challenge printable because not only will it help you during the challenge, you’ll be able to circle back at the end to the weeks you missed.
Now on to your assignment for the week …
Week #8 – Bedroom #2
Here are the areas to declutter each day to complete bedroom #2. If you don’t have a second bedroom, take the week off or go spend more time on trouble areas of the previous weeks.
Monday – closet
Tuesday – tops of dressers and furniture
Wednesday – shelves and cabinets
Thursday – drawers
Friday – media, books, toys and electronics
Saturday – under the bed, floor and anywhere else
Sunday – rest for the week ahead
More Inspiration for Bedrooms
Previous Declutter Posts
- The 91 Day Declutter Challenge (how the challenge works)
- Required Reading
- Week 1 – Master Closet & Bath
- Week 2 – Master Bedroom
- Week 3 – Kitchen & Pantry
- Week 4 – Laundry Room
- Week 5 – Office
- Week 6 – Craft Room
- Week 7 – Bathrooms
Have a great week of decluttering!!
pin this post
Don't forget your Declutter Printable Pack - it's more than just checklists!