Disclosure: Any post may contain links to my shop or affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission from any purchase you make. All opinions about products I use are my own. Read the full disclosure HERE.
A few weeks ago we went on a little getaway to Branson, MO.
Going out-of-town? Be prepared! The sooner you get these things out-of-the-way, the easier it will be to handle all the unexpected last-minute stuff that always pops up when traveling! Here is my check-list!
– Hold your mail, which is a quick step you can do online at https://holdmail.usps.com/holdmail/ .
– Hold your newspaper (call your newspaper or find a form online).
– Setup an out of office replay for your professional email account http://www.ehow.com/how_6076046_set-up-out-office-outlook.html).
– Call a neighbor: leave a key and/or security code, a phone number to reach you, and ask for help with packages that might show up on the front door step, garbage cans out to street and back, water house plants, etc. If you are asking a lot from your neighbor, consider hiring a responsible teenage neighbor to meet all these needs.
– Set up care for your animals.
– Arrange yard maintenance.
– Set up your travel bucket for the kids. See my kid-travelling tips here!
When you make a check-list of your own, add phone numbers and links of your own to it and store it for next time. Having all of this info in one place lets you get these simple preparations done in 20 minutes or less. A little extra work this time will make all of your future trips that much easier!!