I love holidays, I really do. I keep things simple-ish (it’s all perspective, right?). I put up just enough decorations that there are reminders Easter is coming, but I can still put it all up in about 10 minutes and take it down in less. Oh, and it all fits in ONE bin. My personal limit is I stop before I feel stressed, because I think moms should get to enjoy holidays too … and I don’t enjoy anything when I feel pushed to my limit! We can not each do all the holiday things! So, pick and choose what means the most to you – this is what we do.
Every year, our holidays are a little different, but this is the general idea of what we do –
- Put up a few decorations.
- Dye Easter eggs.
- Read the Resurrection story from the Bible (we have a set of eggs that helps the kids understand).
- The kids get new church clothes. (I ordered this dress in different colors for my girls, but I still need to hem the bottom. I’ve created a bunch of shorties.)
- The night before Easter, the kids leave their Easter baskets out on the table with some carrots for the Easter bunny. This year Brian plans to also give the Easter bunny “the most beautiful Easter egg in the whole entire world.” (It is one that he dyed and said we weren’t allowed to eat.)
- We go to church on Easter and sing in the choir.
- I’ll cook a big Easter dinner with my kids helping.
Dying Easter Eggs
We dyed our eggs earlier this week. We’ll eat lots of egg salad, hard-boiled eggs, and on Sunday I’ll make deviled eggs. We *try* to actually use all the eggs.
Evidently it had been too long since I fed my children hard-boiled eggs because they couldn’t wait to dig in. All the cracked eggs got eaten while we played with coloring the rest of the eggs.
(And yes, I had all my kids get into pajamas before we got started. No ruined school uniforms!)
I got out gloves for myself and then all of my kids wanted to wear a glove on at least one hand. Didn’t realize I was starting a trend, but they all had clean hands!
However you decide to celebrate Easter, I hope you will have a beautiful day. After all, He is Risen! That’s a pretty good reason to have a good day.
From my home to yours,