Disclosure: Any post may contain links to my shop or affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission from any purchase you make. All opinions about products I use are my own. Read the full disclosure HERE.
I know slime is the trend right now, and I get that people really like it. But the thing is, I really don’t like slime. Slime seems to get everywhere. The worst places I’ve had to clean up slime was when it smooshed into the couch and smooshed into the carpet. Awful. I know play-dough can be messy too, but play-dough and I have a good history together. We get along. We like each other. Plus, it is a classic that could never be replaced – kids still love it!
And crafty kids don’t just like to play with it, they like making it! This was a big hit at the Rainbows & Unicorns Birthday Party.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 Tablespoon cream of tartar
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 water
- food coloring
- 1 Tablespoon (more or less) glitter, any kind (OPTIONAL)
- Mix the dry stuff together – flour, salt, and cream of tartar.
- Mix in the vegetable oil.
- Separately, mix food coloring into the water.
- Mix the colored water with the dry stuff mixture. When it is mixed enough to start to stick together (still clumpy, but together), add in the glitter.
- Keep mixing. When it is too tough to mix with a wooden spoon, knead until it is a good play dough consistency.
At the birthday party last week, we made six double-batches and each kid got to take home a playdough rainbow set. They loved taking it home, but I think that was a second to the fun they had making it!
You probably have these ingredients on hand. Enjoy some quality time with your kids today! After you make it, let me know what you think.
PIN THIS POST