I love a good soak in the tub! Winter or summer, if I need to relax at the end of the day, I end up in my tub! While I am relaxing, I don’t want to have to worry about all the germs and bacteria that are relaxing with me. Luckily for me and you, it is rather simple to clean out the jets in your jacuzzi tub.
This topic is personal to me, because my Dad was once hospitalized for a very serious infection. My Dad believes that the serious infection in his leg was caused by taking a soak in his jacuzzi tub when he had an open wound in his leg. We had lived in that house for many years and it had never occurred to any of us that the jacuzzi tub could be accumulating dangerous bacteria. That was a scary experience for my family, and I want to help anyone and everyone avoid such a terrible experience. Trust me, the water jets are the perfect place to store lots of harmful and dangerous bacteria!
The quick and easy, but effective way to clean your jacuzzi tub:
1) Fill up your tub past the jets.
2) Add 6 Tablespoons of Basic G. Basic G is a safer and more effective alternative to bleach when you want to annihilate germs, plus you don’t have to worry about a little spill ruining your favorite bath mat. Bleach is one of the most harmful substances out there! To order Basic-G for your family, shop Here.
3) Add 6 scoops of Dishwasher Detergent. When used in a dishwasher, Shaklee’s dishwasher soap requires no pre-rinsing and everything comes out looking new. Imagine what it can do to get the grime off all through your water jets! Shaklee’s Dishwasher Automatic Detergent is a safer alternative to chemical-filled choices. To order some for your family, shop Here.
4) Let the jets run for about 10 minutes. Keep an eye on it so the bubbles don’t get out of hand!
5) If any debris has collected at the top, use your kitchen wire strainer to pull it off. If you clean your jets regularly, you may not run into any debris at the top. If you are cleaning it for the first time in a long time or ever, expect some yuckiness to emerge.
6) Let the water out and shine up your tub with a good microfiber cloth.
7) Maintain a clean tub in between jet cleanings with Basic H concentrate. Depending on how often you use your tub, clean out your jets 1-2 times a year. You’ll want to give them a good wipe down with Basic H every 1-2 weeks if used regularly. To order some Basic H, shop Here.
See? That wasn’t so bad! Now, get to it!
From my home to yours,