You need to get this recipe into your Taco Tuesday rotation immediately! I made these adorable, but completely filling, taco pies for my family this week with rave reviews. This is going in our rotation as a new family favorite for sure.
First I Failed …
I tried to make individual taco pies in ramekins a few weeks ago and it didn’t turn out so well. The top was too hard and it was really hard to eat! So, I tried these adorable little springform pans and they turned out soo much better.
I’m so glad I tried again. They were sooo good and sooo filling. My husband ate 1/3 of mine that I couldn’t finish!
- 1-1.5 lbs of Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1 Taco Seasoning Packet (per 1-1.5 lbs of meat)
- 2 packages of 12 tortillas (Street Taco size)
- 2-3 cups of shredded cheese (cheddar or mixed variety)
- 2 Tomatoes
- Optional: cilantro, green onions, sour cream, lettuce
- Prepare your Taco meat according to the directions on the seasoning packet.
- Set your mini-springform pans into a baking sheet for easy transporting in and out of the oven.
- Set a tortilla in the bottom of each mini-pan.
- Sprinkle the tortilla with a light even covering of cheese.
- Place a spoonful of meat into each pan, spreading evenly.
- Spoon a small amount of tomatoes on top of the meat.
- Add additional/optional ingredients if you desire.
- Cover the first layer with another tortilla and follow the pattern again - (1) tortilla (2) cheese (3) meat (4) tomato (5) optional additions
- I did 3 layers in my mini taco pies. After the last layer, I sprinkled the top with a little more cheese.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.
- Cover with optional toppings of choice.
PIN THIS RECIPE
I had my kids help me trim excess on the tortillas. They used the springform pan as a guide and cut off any extra tortilla edges. They promptly ate them, but if they hadn’t, I could’ve baked them to make tortilla crisps for taco salad.
That leads me to my next tip, if you have some leftover ingredients, which is very common, then put on your menu to have Taco Salad a few days later (or next Tuesday if you stick things in the freezer). Taco Salad is the perfect meal that nicely uses up Taco leftovers.
Use mini-springform pans!! They came out so nicely onto the plates. And now that I have them, I think they’d be fun for cheesecakes, mini-quiches, mini-cakes, pound cake at Christmas, and so much more!
Put this recipe on your next menu! And if you need help with menus and grocery lists, try one of my planners! It has all the printables/papers needed to organize your meal planning!
From my home to yours,