Disclosure: Any post may contain links to my shop or affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission from any purchase you make. All opinions about products I use are my own. Read the full disclosure HERE.
We bought a new Christmas tree this year. And I did something I’ve never done before: I bought a pre-lit tree. I was so terrified of plugging it in and the lights just NOT turning on. We ended up braving a pre-lit tree mostly because I wanted a tall tree for my tall ceiling, but didn’t want to attach lights up and down such a big tree!
Now an enormous 10 1/2 foot tree is in my living room, but I’m still nervous that the lights will just go out anytime. I love the way it looks, though, except this cord really bothered me.
Problems With This Cord
- It’s a trip-hazard.
- It gets caught in the vacuum.
- It doesn’t look good.
- If it gets pulled wrong, it could ruin my new Christmas Tree and then my fears about the lights would probably come true.
But there’s a happy ending …
One of my favorite things about blogging is occasionally getting to try new products. Cordapillar sent me their cord protecting product to try and it works perfectly for a Christmas tree.
***I think the Grey color version shows up really well for these pictures, but I think the Black version would hide well against the black floor and LOOK BETTER. Pick the color that works for you.***
What I Love:
- It was SO EASY TO USE! The Cordapillar comes with all the little pieces separate and you just pop them together, as many as you need for the length you want.
- I can vacuum right over it! My cords get caught in my vacuum all.the.time, but my vacuum goes right over the Cordapillar.
- NO MORE TRIP HAZARDS! Instead of avoiding the cord and trying to not trip on it, we can just walk on it.
I liked it so much on the Christmas tree, I found some other places to try it.
I like to move my air filter all around the open areas in my house, and the cord can be an issue when I want it in certain places.
The Cordapillar can curve or go straight, without affecting the cord tucked inside at all. (It bends like a caterpillar, who’d have thought?!)
My FAVORITE place for it is in my husband’s office!
His desk is in the middle of the room, but he obviously still wants his computer, monitor, etc., to plug in at his desk. There is no way to do this except having a cord go across an open area. At least the cord is protected now! I’ve tried other cord protectors, and nothing has worked this well or lasted.
Seriously, the stuff is almost indestructible (you can drive a car on it!), so it can hold up just fine to my husbands chair rolling on it when he wants to get to his printer.
Did I mention it stops cords from getting stuck in my vacuum?!
And that it comes in three colors?
Black, Grey, and Yellow/Black Hazard Strip colors
Where I plan to use a Cordapillar Next:
- When extension cords for Christmas or decor lights need to go across outdoor cement paths.
- My Garage!! There is ONE electrical outlet in my garage here at the new house, I will need to protect extension cords when I want to do anything!
I think these would make great Christmas gifts! You know I prefer practical gifts!
What do you think: Are you as afraid of pre-lit trees as me? How do you protect your cords?