In my mind, this recipe is called “Grandma Bobo’s Pizza Sauce”, but since that might not evoke the same sentiment of good eating in your minds, I’ll call it The BEST Pizza Sauce. I don’t want anyone mistaking it for anything else.
A good pizza sauce like this deserves to go on a good pizza. I want to show you how I do my mini-pizzas (that I freeze and dole out for school lunches), but first things first.
Let’s make some Pizza Sauce!!
- 6 oz. can Tomato Paste
- 1½ cans (using Tomato Paste can) of Water
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Basil
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix ingredients together and bring to a boil on the stovetop.
- Cover with a splatter guard screen, then simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and spread on pizza crust or freeze.
- Makes enough for 2 large pizzas. Doubles and triples easily.
And if you are a visual person, here is a review of the process —
We make pizza once a week for “pizza night”! Everyone’s favorite dinner and we definitely prefer homemade!
From my home to yours,
How do you freeze this? In zip loc bags? How would you recommend thawing this? This recipe looks great, thanks for sharing
I’ve frozen in baggies, jars, plastic containers. Any which way has worked for me.