If I asked you what it would take for you to love your home again, what comes to mind? Is it some drastic extreme makeover scenario that you imagine? I’m happy to tell you that it is actually much simpler than that.
If you ever loved your home, which maybe you did at one point because you chose to live there, or even if you’ve never liked your home before, falling in love with your home again or for the first time is completely possible.
Love is a verb. Loving our home requires action.
Steven Covey may not have been talking about homes specifically in this example, but his principle here can be flawlessly applied to loving our homes. After all, our dynamic with our home is a relationship.
And an Extreme Makeover may sound really satisfying, but fixating on it won’t make it anymore plausible for the majority of us. What we can do is focus on WHAT WE CAN DO to make a difference.
That’s where I come in. I’m going to step you through challenge assignments and give you expert advice along the way.
This year on this blog we’ve used challenges to focus step by step on falling in love with our homes. These challenges have changed lives.
- We began our year with a 91 Day Declutter Challenge.
- Then we cleaned the dust and grime, as well as set maintenance cleaning measures in place, in the Spring Cleaning Challenge.
- In May, we had a quick Garage Event to get our garages in order.
- This summer we had a Summer Organizing Challenge that was fast and furious, but made a big dent.
In January, we will start all over again with decluttering and go in order again, because helping you fall in love with your home is where my passion lies. If you are just joining us now, start right where we are! And then stay with us so you won’t miss the Declutter Challenge in January!
But before January and the holidays come around, we are going to have a lot of fun adding on the finishing touches for the year. It’s time to decorate and add a little more beauty!
If you’ve gotten to this point in reading and think you may have come to this blog by accident, or you are still wondering what this challenge is about and does it have to do with building love for people in the home … I can tell you that even though the challenge isn’t specifically about that, it will be an awesome side effect. You can’t really make your home environment better and not improve how relationships interact within that home!
How The Challenge Will Work:
- Each week on this blog I’ll post your challenge assignment on Sunday so that you can plan it in to the week ahead. The assignments will be flexible enough for anyone to join in, but specific enough that you won’t want to miss them. Assignments will be decorating focused. (Though adding “beauty” with some organization might be part of it too. Wink Wink.)
- If you are subscribed to receive blog emails, you’ll get reminder emails when those blog posts are published.
- In our Facebook group, we’ll be talking about how the challenge is going and supporting each other and celebrating our successes!!
- There is no printable for sale with The Love Home Challenge this year, so you aren’t missing anything. I’m trying something different with this challenge this fall (more on that later) that will allow me to be able to provide all the content for this challenge entirely FREE on the blog. Yay!!!! And no worries, there aren’t strings attached.
Let’s Do This!
I’ve been in my new house unpacking for a week and a half now … and I can not wait to put it a little love into this place right along with you. I may have already started because I can’t help myself! I have so many projects planned with so little time – I can’t wait to show you!!!
So I just have one more question … are you in? I’ll post the details on Sunday evenings so you can plan for the week ahead. You’ll hear about the first week on 9/11!
From my home to yours,