I found a new hobby! Okay, that’s not really a new thing, because I collect hobbies in my spare time. I love learning new things and creating things relaxes me, which results in me wanting to learn new craft hobbies for my rejuvenation time. Creative time is a kind of therapy for me – I just finish feeling good! And when I can normally be such a perfectionist, I can put that aside while I do crafts, which feels so good!
My latest hobby is Wood Burning (officially known as Pyrography). I want to work up to a wall hanging, but I’m starting with small things until I’m ready. I’m having a lot of fun making cool spoons to give as gifts. Sorry if you’re related to me and I’m ruining your whole Christmas! Ha!
Here’s a little demo of all the fun …
If you want to collect this hobby too or want to gift the supplies to someone else, here are the supplies I used in the video. It isn’t such an expensive hobby, luckily.
- Wood Burning Tool Kit ***My Favorite***
- Wooden Spoons – Set of Bamboo Kitchen Spoons
- Wooden Soup Ladle
- Stone or Ceramic Tile to work on (I used a spare quartz sample from my new counter)
- Glass Jar to Drop to tips in (I didn’t use this in the video, but I started using it after I shot this video).
Gift Ideas using Wooden Spoons with your fun new wood burning hobby.
- Wedding Gift – Pair a set of kitchen spoons with a mixing bowl and pretty dish towels.
- Soup-Themed Gift – Pair a ladle with a few of your favorite soup recipes, maybe the ingredients too.
I think organizing is important, but I don’t stay organized so that I can organize … I organize so I have time for the things I love – like creating! I hope you can make the time to do something you enjoy too!
Order your planner today!