These muffins are a fall staple of mine, because pumpkin is so perfectly fall-esque. These muffin bites are so easy to whip up, even my young girls can do it with minimal supervision. They are delicious and simple, an excellent combination. I first heard about these a few years ago from a friend. I’ve never seen a written recipe, so I don’t know who to give credit, but whoever it is: THANK YOU!!
- 1 box spice cake mix (or any flavor if you're feeling like experimenting ... chocolate-chocolate anyone???)
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 cup mini-chocolate chips
- Combine ingredients in a bowl (don't add anything extra ingredients the cake mix lists).
- Spoon out into a greased muffin tin or line muffin tin with papers. I prefer using a mini-muffin form. I think they are just better in bite-size form.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes.
- Cool and serve! Delicious!
I do have something to confess about this pumpkin bite recipe … it works with other flavors of cakes too, though spice cake is our favorite. We actually enjoy this recipe year-round. It is like, for real, a family favorite.
I hope you are all enjoying your fall so far. We’ve enjoyed all the fun events and chances to be together as a family. The kids love dressing up in their costume for all the different parties, and I love putting them to good use. The school carnival was a special treat.
(Right: Black Cat, Minnie Mouse, Wicked Witch at the school carnival. Left: Mickey Mouse with his dad at the same carnival.)
From my home to yours,