This week is whatever you decide to make it, because honestly, there are a million right ways and simple ways to makeover a room.
What is a made over room?
In my opinion, a room makeover is not about making your home Pinterest worthy so you can take cute pictures for your Instagram. (But, seriously, if that’s your thing, go for it!)
The purpose for a room makeover isn’t so you can have a beautiful backdrop to take the most adorable pictures of your kids. Trust me, your kids are adorable in any scenario – kids just are.
We do not live in museums or in magazines. There are so many times I laugh out loud while perusing home decorating magazines (and some blogs). These scenes portrayed in these images are meticulously curated for the sake of the picture itself. They don’t take into account AT ALL, if the room works logistically for real life or if that many decorations on a bathroom counter make it really hard to actually clean or use that counter.
We make over a room so that it feels good to live there. We makeover rooms so that we feel a little more peace and a little more inspired. We decorate with colors that make us smile and make our homes feel warm, whether or not those colors are the Pantone color of the year. We organize with living in mind. We declutter the extras that are blocking our enjoyment of the favorite things.
This week, choose a room, and give it a mini-makeover.
Ideas for makeovers:
There are lots of ways to make a room feel good and refreshed.
- Decorate – Add decorations, swap out decorations, or just get rid of the decorations that mess with your mojo.
- Re-arrange – Makeover a room by moving everything around in the room.
- Declutter – If your clutter is blocking all the simple beauty, get rid of it. This may actually be the most powerful way to transform cluttered rooms.
- Organize – You may have a room that looks good, but the way you use things may be improved by organizing.
- Deep clean – Use your spring cleaning checklist and give a room a good top-to-bottom scrub. It may feel like you’e moved to a new home.
And remember, like the quote says above, simplicity is beautiful. It takes effort and work to simplify, but when done, your home and life feel better with less.
Have fun this week!!
Tell me in the comments how you plan to simplify this week.
If you haven’t yet, download the Printable Guide here.
Use the Printable to help guide you in planning and preparing. If you want an overview of each week, check out this blog post with all the details.
- LOVE YOUR HOME – INTRO
- LOVE YOUR HOME WEEK 1 – PLAN & PREPARE
- LOVE YOUR HOME WEEK 2 – BEAUTY + FUNCTION
- LOVE YOUR HOME WEEK 3 – FRESHEN UP DECOR
- LOVE YOUR HOME WEEK 4 – FURNITURE UPDATE
- LOVE YOUR HOME WEEK 5 – A LITTLE PAINT
From my home to yours,
PIN THIS POST