Pick the bedroom that needs the most help. Let’s get it organized this week! Before we get started hands-on organizing, let’s think about what this room needs.
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
- Whose bedroom are you organizing?
- What are the main things that happen in this room?
- Consider the things this person uses most (or would want to use if stored conveniently). What items in the room need to be the most accessible?
USE THE ORGANIZING PROCESS
Go through the six steps of organizing, space by space throughout the room. This way is a lot less messy than emptying out an entire room at once.
(1) Declutter, (2) Sort Like with Like, and (3) Decide Where Stuff Goes, bit-by-bit in this order:
- Under Bed
- Dresser 1 (Biggest)
- Dresser 2
- Media Cabinet
- Tops of Furniture
Then, go back over the various areas making sure you are (4) using the right tools, containers, or furniture.
(5) Last step is to make it pretty! Whether it is updating your containers to cute matching ones, or painting an old dresser to give it new life – finish off organizing your area by making it look good.
(The Love Home Challenge in the fall will be focused on this step, so don’t stress if you can’t get this far.)
(6) Create a Maintenance Plan: The most common sense maintenance plan for a bedroom is to keep up with laundry (so the floor remains free of dirty/clean laundry) and then include the bedroom in your weekly cleaning schedule.
Wishing you lots of awesome organizing this week!
From my home to yours,
PIN THIS POST