Today I’m going to show you how to create your own basket labels. They’re easy and you can use them on all the cute Y baskets you get from Target or Walmart. After the video tour of my pantry, the two most common questions have been:
- Where did you get the can organizer? (Here.)
- How did you get labels to stick to the baskets? That’s what I’m showing you today…
GET YOUR SUPPLIES OUT
- Laminator or Self-Laminating Sheets
- Pretty Cardstock, like the 6 x 6 pads that are so fun
- Chalkboard Labels
- Hole Punch
- Chalkboard Markers or Bic Metallic Permanent Markers
- Baker’s Twine, like this with stripes
- Scissors, like my favorite little craft pair
- (optional) Corner Chomper Tool
MAKING IT –
To make the pretty label, I chose a pretty piece of card stock and laminated it. For the best price on really pretty cardstock, I love the 6 x 6 scrapbook paper pads.
After the paper is laminated, I cut it into a rectangle.
Once I’ve got the little rectangle, I stick the chalkboard sticker in the middle. I’ve done it both ways, but I do prefer when I chomp the corners with a corner tool.
Take the time now to write on your label or wait for later. But just know, that if you write it before you attach it, you’ll probably have better handwriting!
Punch two holes in the label, then stick the twine through the slots in the basket and through the holes.
Sure, the process takes a lot of little tools (that you probably already have), but it is actually very simple. So go ahead and make one or a million.
PLEASE PIN THIS